Science APP Y7, 8 and 9
The National Strategies and QCA have, in partnership, published the Assessing Pupil Progress (APP) statements for KS3 Science.
Andrew Grevatt and Dr Mark Evans are producing a combined Badger resource for APP, using The Level-Assessed Approach, and including material for your VLE.
The resources include a range of milestone activities for each Assessment Focus. The activities are designed to integrate seamlessly with schemes of work and the publication includes detailed guidance on an easy-to-follow system and resources on how to introduce and develop APP within a science department.
For each of the five AFs, Badger KS3 Science: APP in Science includes:
• A comprehensive introductory lesson plan with a PowerPoint presentation and worksheets, designed to introduce the new AF criteria to pupils and staff alike!
• Detailed level-assessed opportunities for developing the lesson content and resources into a full opportunity for assessing pupil progress within the AF
• Linked homework tasks
• A modified PowerPoint presentation designed to be integrated into a VLE
• Three open-ended Level-Assessed AfL Badger tasks with student-friendly level ladders. One each for Biology, Chemistry and Physics topics derived from the appropriate yearly teaching objectives within the Framework
• A fully differentiated level-assessed WebQuest with support resources for use in class, or as an independent learning task.
Modified versions of the APP support PowerPoints for each AF lesson are included, and are ideally suited for independent use by pupils on your VLE.
• The APP level-assessed tasks are accompanied by paper and digital support media, allowing them to be used in the classroom and integrated into your schools VLE.
• All VLE PowerPoints are also provided in SCORM format to help your network manager import them as web pages if required.
• The level-assessed WebQuests are of course ideally suited for access via your school’s VLE if required.
To purchase items please follow the link below to our main Badger Publishing Website